A series of short online courses designed for speakers of any language who teach, or plan to teach, English as a second language to children or adults. Minimum English level of participants is B2 on the CEFR.
Who’s it for?
Speakers of any language who teach, or plan to teach, English as a second language to children or adults. Minimum English level of participants is B2 on the CEFR.
Taught by Cambridge Assessment English approved teacher trainers, our online courses focus on improving your language teaching skills, with hands-on development of practical ideas and engaging materials to take back to your classroom. Following communicative methodologies, the courses will provide you with first-hand experience in how to make your classes more dynamic and interactive. Studying alongside teachers from different countries, if you’re a non-native English speaker you’ll have the opportunity to practise your English and share and discuss your teaching ideas and experiences.
Each of the six modules is a stand-alone course, completed in 5 days, and you can choose to complete just one or all six modules. Classes will be conducted in Zoom at specific times (all times are in GMT).
All teachers who enrol will benefit from:
- 5 x 45’ live online lessons, one per day, Monday to Friday.
- 12 months access to our online learning platform (for teachers who would like to practise their English)
- Attendance certificate
Module 1: British English Pronunciation and Phonetics
- Lesson 1 – Consonants
- Lesson 2 – Monophthongs and Diphthongs
- Lesson 3 – Word Stress
- Lesson 4 – Sentence Stress
- Lesson 5 – Linking and Intrusion
Module 2: Teaching Vocabulary
- Lesson 1 – Conveying meaning without translation
- Lesson 2 – Checking understanding
- Lesson 3 – Collocation
- Lesson 4 – Memory, recall and retention
- Lesson 5 – Vocabulary Practice
Module 3: Teaching Grammar
- Lesson 1 – Overview – meaning, form, pronunciation, use
- Lesson 2 – Lesson frameworks for grammar lessons
- Lesson 3 – Guided-inductive approaches to grammar
- Lesson 4 – Consciousness-raising tasks
- Lesson 5 – Grammar Practice
Module 4: The Busy Teachers Toolkit
- Lesson 1 – Materials-light teaching
- Lesson 2 – Project work
- Lesson 3 – Dogme approaches to teaching
- Lesson 4 – Using Dictation
- Lesson 5 – Games for language learning
Module 5: Teaching Productive and Receptive Skills
- Lesson 1 – Activities and ideas for teaching Listening skills
- Lesson 2 – Activities and ideas for teaching Reading skills
- Lesson 3 – Activities and ideas for teaching Writing skills
- Lesson 4 – Activities and ideas for teaching Speaking skills 1
- Lesson 5 – Activities and ideas for teaching Speaking skills 2
Module 6: Material and Resources for Language Teaching
- Lesson 1 – Educational Technology
- Lesson 2 – Using authentic materials
- Lesson 3 – Exploiting your coursebook
- Lesson 4 – Teaching aids
- Lesson 5 – Using songs and video
Minimum language level: Teachers should have a CEFR level of B2.
- Cost: £54 per module
- Plus registration fee £25
Offer until August 2020
- 2 Modules for £96
- 3 Modules for £126
- Full Course £252